Friday, January 5, 2007

Updates for MTV Junkies

True, it's mindless television but I love me some MTV. Rather than defend my guilty pleasure, I'll indulge you with a little bit of nothing I read on the web.

MTV's newest season of Road Rules kicks off on Tuesday, January 30, 2007. I thought they'd retired this show in favor of the more appealing RW/RR challenges. Even in it's prime, RR has been MTV's stepchild when comparing it to fan favorite, The Real World. RR cast members didn't hold much merit until they participated in a RW/RR challenge. I guess the producers of MTV agree with me because rather than introduce a whole new wave of misfits, MTV plans to rely on their old faithfuls to drum up ratings this season. That's right- the new cast is really just a bunch of people from the old casts. Without giving away any names, the cast currently stands as two each from RR South Pacific (my guess is Tina), Semester at Sea (Veronica, perhaps??) and Campus Crawl (if Roni's in it then Rachel's in it too). I take my hat off to MTV, they know what the viewers want.

MTV's also been hard at work filming the next RW/RR challenge. The cast for that show isn't so secret:
Davis (Real World Denver)
Ty (Real World Denver)
Jenn (Real World Denver)
Colie (Real World Denver)
Johnny (Real World Key West)
Janelle (Real World Key West)
Paula (Real World Key West)
Danny (Real World Austin)
Rachel (Real World Austin)
Ace (Real World Paris)
CT (Real World Paris)
Alton (Real World Las Vegas)
Aneesa (Real World Chicago)
Tonya (Real World Chicago)
Abe (Road Rules South Pacific)
Cara (Road Rules South Pacific)
Susie (Road Rules Down Under)
Kenny (Fresh Meat)

This challenge was filmed in Cape Town, South Africa. All I can say is Alton is back!! I wonder if he'll hook up with Janelle or Jenn. My money is on Jenn. Without Beth present, the person all the girls will target to hate is obviously Tonya. The guy causing most of the problems will be CT since DM isn't there to keep him in check. Speaking of DM, she's such a cry baby. I can't believe she actually expected Aneesa to choose Coconuts over her after she threw Aneesa to the wolves the entire season.

No comments: